About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Saturday, December 1, 2018

New Pulp Author Debra DeLorme

New Pulp Author Debra DeLorme


The FADING SHADOWS’ magazines literally had hundreds of contributors turning out new pulp stories every month, from 1995 through the end of 2004. Unfortunately, we did not collect all of their bios at the time. Thankfully, Ginger started doing this when she was publishing her anthology series, TALES OF MASKS & MAYHEM. She was selecting stories from our old fiction magazines, and decided to add author bios in the back of each issue. So, basically, what we have here are authors that wrote for our magazines. But elsewhere I have invited other new pulp authors to submit bios.



Debra DeLorme: Debra created the character of The Scarecrow. I remember my first exposure to pulps was to The Shadow while vacationing with my grandparents in the late 1960s. I was bored and looking for something to read and plunked down some change in a vending machine at a hotel. I rediscovered that love for the pulp hero again in 1994 when the Shadow movie came out. This time, I learned there was more to the pulps than just The Shadow. I’ve been writing for a number of years, mostly for fanzines, and The Scarecrow was my first attempt at original pulp fiction, fueled by a love for the larger-than-life pulp heroes. These were being published in Tom & Ginger’s Fading Shadows magazines. In mundane life – at the time I’m writing this – I work as a Radiology transcriptionist for a hospital in Charlotte, NC, and share the house with my husband (who doubles as my editor) and three cats. When I’m not working or writing, I can be found playing video games or reading. I’d like to do more Scarecrow stories, so if you want to give me incentive, please send word to Tom & Ginger and they will pass it on to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment