About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Pulpster


THE PULPSTER #24. This year’s issue of THE PULPSTER arrived today. A really nice issue with material aimed at PulpCon. It contains articles on H.P. Lovecraft and the Thrilling pulps, as well as others. I really enjoyed Michelle Nolan’s “Making The Thrill List”, about Ned Pines’ Thrilling Group, which was well researched. There were other nice articles also. My own piece on DOCTOR DEATH author Edward P. Norris made it into this issue. I’ve been in contact with the children and grandchildren of Norris for several years; three of his children are still living, but up in age. One son has passed away, but the son’s wife is still living. There are many grandchildren, and someone from PulpCon should ask them to attend just out of courtesy. I don’t mean pay their way, just suggest they should attend. If you missed this issue, you really should have it, especially for Michelle Nolan’s article, if not for mine on Norris.

No comments:

Post a Comment