About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Friday, March 1, 2019

New Pulp Author Therese Drippe (Dagenais)

New Pulp Author Therese Drippe (Dagenais):



Therese Drippe (Dagenais): Therese was still a teenager when she got involved with our FADING SHADOWS magazines. Her mother, Colleen Drippe was already writing SF stories for our magazines. Therese has an abundance of talent, both as a writer and artist. I believe we used some of her art in our magazines, in fact. She and Tom coauthored a Black Bat novelette, Crimson Harvest, which first appeared in DOUBLE DANGER TALES #31 (September 1999), then again in TALES OF MASKS & MAYHEM V #1 (2005). She also wrote a story for CLASSIC PULP FICTION STORIES #40, and DETECTIVE MYSTERY STORIES #8. We are still in touch with both Colleen and Therese. Marriage and family have curtailed Therese’s writing and artistic endeavors, though I believe she has worked on some of her mother’s SF covers. With her talent, I don’t believe we’ve seen the last of Therese. She can still write new pulp stories like a pro, and I bet she’ll be back some day with a real thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment