About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Death Charge


Colonel Tobin’s Private Army #6: “Death Charge” by Alan Caillou. Mexico and the South American states are suffering a rash of kidnappings of American businessmen for ransom. The abductors made their demands, and if they are not carried out completely the hostages die. Colonel Tobin is asked to bring his private army in to take down the rebels, but they are hidden in the mountains of the Sierra Madres, and not easily assessable. This time many men are killed in the operation, including the higher rank of the army, and it may be Colonel Tobin’s last battle. It should have been the final battle, but I think there is one more book in the series.

2 comments:

  1. This is the last of this series. Colonel Tobin's son Paul leads a smaller force called Tobin's Commando for AFAIK a single title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robert. I was curious about the next books, with Colonel Tobin killed in #6. I thought it should have ended then. But I saw another book listed. I still want to read #7.

    ReplyDelete