About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Alien Hunter


ALIEN HUNTER (2003) is a darn good movie. With the title, I wasn’t expecting much, but this one sure surprised me. Borrowing a lot from the 1951 film, THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, it brought a whole new perspective to the old classic. An incident in 1947 Roswell really begins the contemporary tale. A man monitoring radio receives a strange signal and decides to investigate. He’s never seen again. Fast forward to the current time and a research facility in the Arctic, and they’ve discovered an object buried in the ice, along with strange radio signals. The scientist running the facility contacts a professor, requesting language expert Julian Rome come to the facility to assist with deciphering the signal and helping them discover what the object is that’s frozen in the ice. Of course, anyone familiar with the 1951 movie will know what is hidden in the ice, but they won’t be entirely correct. The ice melts, and the thing is released, but members of the crew start dying. I won’t divulge any more of the plot. I will say the writers have taken the film in a new direction, and it works nicely. Good acting, suspenseful, and was a better film than it was expected to be. Don’t be afraid to watch this one, I think you’ll like it. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment