About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

MUFON Newsletter






Explore MUFON's annual Symposium where the best minds in Ufology come together. Book it now. September 24-27, 2015. Hotel Irvine, Irvine, California.



My UFO Story
First person accounts of UFO encounters

Teri Lynge




By Teri Lynge


Florida MUFON Assistant State Director

 
It was 1979, I was on my way home from work late one night. I had left my place of employment at 2 a.m. I had about a 20 minute drive to St. Petersburg from Clearwater.  I was headed South on 28th Street North as I was nearing 34th Avenue where I would make my left into my neighborhood. As I was approaching this intersection I could see just past my left turn, something hovering over the railroad tracks.

I had no idea what it was. It was certainly not a train of any sort as it was too high off the track and I could see clearly underneath it. I was just under 200 feet from the craft now. I slowed the car down as I passed my turn into the neighborhood and drove closer to the railroad tracks.

UFO News

Reports on the latest witness sightings


Witness image.
A New Mexico witness at Gallup reported watching a disc-shaped UFO flying low over nearby mobile homes, according to testimony from Case 67909 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The UFO appeared to be watching the local fireworks, but was "spooked" by one of the sky explosions and moved away quickly.
The witness and family members returned home from an evening of watching fireworks about 11:35 p.m. on July 4, 2015, when the object was first noticed.

MUFON UFO Journal 

Monthly member publication featuring our best Case Investigations

Cropped and enlarged witness image.
Cropped and enlarged witness image.


by Dana Simpson West
Missouri State Section Director and FI

Reprinted from the July 2015 MUFON UFO Journal

Did the oval-shaped, metallic object move two miles closer to them in just a second, or are there two objects? That is the question the witnesses asked themselves regarding their Missouri sighting on June 8, 2014, in Case 57046. 

Approximately an hour before sunset at 7:40 p.m. (CDT), it was the setting sun that was responsible for this UFO sighting and rare daytime photographs. The three witnesses, a mother and her two sons, were heading home, traveling southeast on I-270 toward the Jefferson Barracks Bridge - which connects Missouri to Illinois and spans the Mississippi River in south St. Louis County. 

The mother was driving, with her son (age 14) in the passenger seat and her other son, age 10, in the backseat behind her. As they approached their exit to home (Exit 2-which is two miles from the bridge) they noticed the sun brightly reflecting off of a metallic object above the bridge and noticed that the object was moving unusually fast. From the passenger seat, her son took the first photograph of the object before the object went out of view. 

 



 



We would like our members to come forward to be a guest on the show.  MUFON Radio would like to spotlight our brilliant investigators.  If you have a case you would like to speak about with Steve on the MUFON Radio Show, please e-mail Cassidy at cassidy@mufon.
An insider's look at UFO field investigation

Issue #9 FOIA Requests
by Jeff Krause 

This week I'm going to cover a topic that I have to admit right up front is new territory for me, and I'm sure that most Field Investigators rarely have the need to use: FOIA requests.

I wrestled with myself as to how I should go about presenting this subject, and after much thought I decided that the best thing to do would be to walk my readers through the process from start to finish. In the course of my case investigations with MUFON I have not had the need to write one yet, so I thought this would be the perfect time to do this so that not only will I be prepared when the need arises, but also since this is a lengthy process I will be able to update readers on the responses to my request, and subsequent developments from whatever information I receive. This way there will be a comprehensive step-by-step illustration of the process for others to follow. I will devote issues of my blog to this topic as developments occur.
UFO News
Reports on the latest witness sightings

Texas UFO witness outsmarts 
'Men in Black'
 
A Texas witness in Anderson County recalled a UFO sighting from 1954 that may have involved the elusive "Men in Black," according to testimony in Case 67322.

The events played out on May 10, 1954 as the reporting witness and his mother were flying from San Francisco to Amarillo, Texas.

"We left San Francisco and flew to New Mexico (ABQ) and landed for fuel," the witness stated. "We left ABQ for our destination Amarillo."

The normal flight then became unusual when an object appeared in the sky near the plane.

We have your favorite UFO books










MUFON Minutes
Meetings, events and news

by Cassidy Nicholas


PHOENIX MUFON welcomes the Arizona Navajo Rangers on Saturday, July 18, 2015. Stanley Milford and Jon Dover will lecture regarding the many UFO and paranormal investigations on the Navajo reservation by this elite law enforcement organization. 2-5 p.m. at the Arizona Historical Society Museum, Tempe. phoenixmufon.com for details.
 
Noe Torres and Ruben Uriarte will be in giving a presentation, "Exploring Dreamland: A history of Area 51" at the at the National Atomic Testing Museum on Saturday, July 18th, 2015 at 6 p.m. in Las Vegas, Nevada. See web site for more details.

PHOENIX MUFON welcomes Chase Kloetzke as she lectures on UFO investigative techniques.  The presentation will be held Saturday, August 15, 2 p.m. Arizona Historical Society Museum, Tempe. More info can be found at phoenixmufon.com.

2015 Edinburg "Out of This World"! Conference & Festival to be held on Aug. 14 & 15, 2015. Tickets available at TopBoxTickets.com, Ticket Zone, Hermes Music, the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce, or by calling 1-800-514-3849.


MYSTERIES OF SPACE & SKY. October 24, 2015,  Washington-Baltimore area. Speakers include Dr. David Jacobs, Ben Moss, Sue & Rob Swiatek, Bill & Linda Murphy, Larry Holcolmbe, & Norm Gagnon. For details/registration, go to mss15.eventbrite.com.

PENNSYLVANIA MUFON will be holding the Philadelphia UFO Conference: October 9 and 10. Dr. David Jacobs, Nick Pope, Mike Bara, Richard Dolan, John Ventre, Paola Harris, Tadd Buffington and Jennifer Stein. Visit mufonpa.com for details.

ILLINOIS MUFON will be holding meetings the 4th Saturday every month from 10 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Held at the Rockford Public Library East Branch in the community room.  6685 E State St; Rockford, IL 61108. Open to the public. For more information see facebook.com/mufonrockfordil

COLORADO MUFON holds its regular monthly meeting open to the public on the second Saturday of every month in the greater Denver area. Please see comufon.org for details.

ALABAMA MUFON will hold monthly meeting at the China Grill Buffet, 9016 Madison Blvd, Madison, AL 35758 - Second Saturday starting at 11:30 a.m.








 

Forward this email



This email was sent to fadingshadows@juno.com by hq@mufon.com   
Update Profile/Email Address | Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribe™  |  Privacy Policy.

MUFON | 3822 Campus Drive, Suite 201 | Newport Beach | CA | 92660

No comments:

Post a Comment