Saturday, June 1, 2013
Tom's Pulp Research Books
One of the most beloved pulp characters, The Black Bat, is finally celebrated with this 340 page deluxe retrospective from Amazon and Altus Press www.altuspress.com/ for $29.95. Author Tom Johnson has indexed each issue, listing everything you need to know about the series, along with the following highlights:
• A complete reprint of the rejected Black Bat adventure, "The Lady's Out for Blood"
• A breakdown of the newly-discovered final Black Bat story, "The Celebrity Murders"
• All 800 German Black Bat stories newly identified for the english audience
• Nine complete reprints of the Black Bat's golden Age comic book stories
• An interview with series creator Norman Daniels as well as his complete payment records... available here for the first time
• Featuring additional articles by Will Murray, this is the ultimate history of the series.
For nearly 20 years, Dan Fowler and his G-men battled crimedom in the pages of G-MEN DETECTIVE. Now, author Tom Johnson has indexed each issue, listing everything you need to know about the series. Also included are complete reprints of the two best Dan Fowler stories as chosen by Johnson and pulp historian Will Murray: "Give 'Em Hell" by Norvell W. Page and "Bullet Justice" by Charles Greenberg. And reprinted in its entirety for the first time: "I Cover the Murder Front," the lost, rejected Dan Fowler story.
Featuring additional articles by Tom Johnson and Will Murray, this is the ultimate history of the series. 414 pages, $34.95 from Amazon and Altus Press www.altuspress.com/
The entire history of The Purple Invasion by Harrison Stievers (Tom Johnson), the War and Peace of the pulps which ran for over a year in the pages of OPERATOR #5! Loaded with illustrations from the original pulps; 129 pages. $14.95 from Amazon and Altus Press at www.altuspress.com/
The longest-running hero of the pulp era! For the first time, the history of the Phantom Detective is bought under one volume, completely updated! Includes an index to nearly 175 stories, 100s of pages of articles, two unused Phantom story plots from the mid-1930s and nearly all of the Phantom’s comic book appearances. It’s 400 pages of must-own information for any pulp fan to enjoy. $29.95 from Amazon and Altus Press www.altuspress.com/
The classic investigation of SECRET AGENT "X," revised and updated by the original writers, Tom Johnson and Will Murray, including new chapters, images and information! It's the last word on this classic character! 157 pages, 6" x 9", perfect binding, black and white interior ink $14.95 from Amazon and Altus Press at www.altuspress.com/