About

Besides posting book reviews, once in a while I will be posting articles on the subject of pulps. I hope we can generate more interest for the Blog. If you would like to share an article on the pulps, you can send me a message in the Comments of a post.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Pulp Hermit R.I.P.

Sadly, I was recently notified of the passing of The Pulp Hermit. He was expecting it from the time they forced him into a nursing home, so it didn’t come as a surprise. But the old fella spoke out in defense for the original pulp heroes until he left us. Now that his voice has been silenced, there is no one to take up his banner. Perhaps that is as it should be. It’s time to move on. As for me, I am too busy with my professional career to worry about what is happening in the pulp community. In our last telephone conversation, the Hermit said to me, “If the pulps didn’t die in the 1950s, the amateurs will surely kill them today.” I guess that was the old fella’s final quote. R.I.P. Hermit.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment